:

Friday, April 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday...

Our Small Homeschooling Corner!

Josie learning hard:) Most of all having fun:)



I really began this journey about four month's ago, I started to teach sight word's and number's! We have sought out homeschooling because we fell  safe with only  us being her main learning source! She is so smart and wants to learn about anything!

I wanted to share some thing's we have tried in our schooling days:) I wanted to also share a few do it your self projected that I have found wonderful!


-I found a old desk and cleaned it up..Got some chalk board paint and painted the top of the desk twice...
  ---Josie is allowed to write on it practice her sight word's, her name and lots of letter's and she is enjoying copying what I write on my big chalk board!

-Letter box.... I bought some letter's put them in a box (not see through) make a whole at the top.. I only put the letter's from the sight word's we worked with that day in there just to help insure spelling them and recognize the letter's!
-----Josie pulls one letter tells what that letter is and the sound it makes then pulls another we do this until she can spell a word....

-Food has been a huge help with counting she loves to snack and so I added that to learning and it's a hit! We do raisins,grapes  and apple's!
-----She (Josie) counts the food and then I take some away and she will count whats left then I ask something like who has more or less.... if she gets it right she can eat them:)
-Letter's Ive found it super crazy to go through all 26 letter's at one time as the picture shows we practice on four letter's a day the on Friday's we go over all the letter's and word's....
-----We make it fun! Josie and I make up a letter dance it is so fun to walk around the house finding thing's that start with that letter and then dancing until the next person finds something else that starts with the next letter.....


I'm so blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom and teach my little one along the way:)
Every-day is new and I love to learn different way's to teach her and make it fun:) I like hearing input from other homeschooling parent's.......
Josie loved painting the noodle's and gluing them to the poster!
when I asked her what to call it she said NODDLE DODDLE....:)



2 comments:

  1. THose real life opportunities - counting with food, etc are truly the best! Thanks for dropping by and your daughter is blessed to have you home with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rebecca! I would say I'm blessed to have a chance to stay and guide and help mold her everyday! We have a love for food lol.... What ever gets them learning:)

      Delete

Thanks For Reading!!!
Be Blessed Sweet Sister's:)
-Gina:)