:

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baking for a good cause!

  For the past few weeks I've been thinking about everything that I have, all our children have and why its so important to give! Its not to say I don't give but I think its time to give alittle more then normally!

        Starting with cupcakes... It sounds crazy I know, but when ever I get a warm cupcake it puts a smile on my face as well as anyone else's. So I asked my little Josie Elizabeth who she would like to share with and she wanted to take cupcakes to Sunday school to all of her friends:) Then I asked Gladys and she said the same either school or church so we are making about 106 cupcakes for church in the morning..... I have to teach my children Its not about how many things they have or how much nicer they have it but its about giving.

          One act of kindness can mean the world to a little boy with no jacket in the winter or a little girl who has never had a doll to play with.... So our next step to giving is everyone in our house has to pick two things out or our rooms to give... The kids love it at first I thought they would be mad or wouldn't understand but they ran to there rooms picking things to give.... Gladys my ten yr old already has such a tender heart so graceful... she has more then two things and I'm so proud of her!

                She said "momma I have nine things to give for another child to play with and some clothes I never wear '. In my head I'm thinking Gladys I only said two but then I looked into her smiling face and said Gladys I'm so proud of you! You just reminded me to give more here I'am trying to teach my kids to give and I was going to limit down to two things and Gladys gave more...

             This moved me to go and think about everything in my home that is not used nor needed anymore,,, I'm very happy to say I have about eight pair of pants and about three shoes and much more! Thanks to my baby Gladys she is going to be the best doctor I know...







 She has always took care of everyone and has always said she wanted to teach or become a doctor!   They look so good!


                    Gina-

1 comment:

  1. Due to time change we didnt get to make it to church but thanks to our nrbs! we got rid of about 57 cupcakes:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Reading!!!
Be Blessed Sweet Sister's:)
-Gina:)